The Polar Plunge is a unique opportunity for individuals, organizations, and businesses to support Special Olympics Oregon athletes by jumping, walking or slowly crawling into the frigid and icy Oregon waters. The event is open to the public, and all spectators are welcome free of charge. The best way to plunge is with a team! Get your friends, family members, co-workers and boss to take the plunge with you. Plus, there are some major incentives for those who raise the most money!
Every participant must raise a minimum of $50 for the privilege of taking a wintry dip in an icy body of water and will receive a commemorative long-sleeve t-shirt and a bowl of soup, plus bragging rights!
Winter Beach Party!
Come out and enjoy live music, food, and activities all morning long!
5K Fun Run/Walk
If you're looking for a more extreme form of exhilaration, consider adding a little dash to your splash. Walk or run the 5K and then plunge!
Get the thrill without the chill....register for Too Chicken to Plunge!
For more information or if you have any questions regarding the Portland Polar Plunge, please contact Sara Wiggins at 503.248.0600 ext. 21, email@example.com.
- Pre Event Check-In @ Fred Meyer Hollywood Location (get directions)
2/24/17 3pm - 8pm
- 5K Check-In @ Airport Parking Lot (9721 NE Airport Way) 2/25/17 7:30am - 8:30am
- Polar Plunge On-Site Check-In and Registration 2/25/17 8:30am - 10:45am
- 5K Fun Run & Walk begins! 2/25/17 9am - 10:30am
- Costume Contest 2/25/17 10:30am
- Opening Ceremonies and Polar Plunge! 2/25/17 11am